Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"home is where the ♥ is" by lauren bergold

my friend mari gave me this set of three alterable panels attached by rings. as soon as i saw them... and the fabulous colors and patterns of september's TECOLOTE pixie dust kit... i knew it was the perfect setting for an idea i've had rattling around in my head for several months:


please forgive this less-than-stellar picture; the only well-enough-lit place in my home from which to dangle and photograph a nearly 20" tall project turned out to be the handle of my decidedly un-glamorous bedroom closet door! luckily i was able to get some better shots of the individual panels.


one of the best things about pixie kits--and you've heard me say this before--is that everything is so beautifully coordinated for us by pixie-in-chief kirsty vittetoe. you can literally sit down the day your kit arrives, open the box, and immediately START CREATING! for someone like me, who can dither endlessly about which supplies to use, this is a considerable advantage!!! ♥


i think i've used one side or the other (nearly every paper in this month's kit is double-sided) of all but three patterned papers from the ten included. i made simple paper shapes to illustrate the familiar phrase "home is where the heart is"; some i drew myself (cloud, tree, door, grass, heart); for others i used chipboard shapes as templates (house, tree trunk, birds); on the alphas i used my cuttlebug.


despite an abundance of lovely embellishments this month, i only used the soft brown seam binding as a hanger, and the key-shaped brad from the entire set of gorgeous my mind's eye ones!


to enhance the "applique" feeling i hand-cranked my sewing machine carefully around each piece. this took quite a bit of time, but i think the end result was well worth the effort!


i hope this month's kit will help inspire you to show everyone where YOUR heart is!!! ♥



Kirsty's Note -
Awesome!!!!! Thanks Pixie Lauren!!!!

At The Pixie Shop
We would like to tempt you with 40% off MSRP on all paper pad 

use code Fall-Paper during check out to enjoy this special offer!!!

Pixie September GIVEAWAY
Do you want to wint his?


Pixie January Kit "My Funky Valentine" could be yours
Click HERE to enter the GIVEAWAY!!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren this is soooooooooooooooo cute! Each of the panels are just fab! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice idea! It's beautiful! I must remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could not be FUNNER or more FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brighter colors in this kit! So happy. AND Lauren totally rocked it, as usual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren this is gorgeous, I love the birds and all your beautiful stitched detail. This would make a wonderful gift for someone moving into a new house. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous creation by Miss Lauren! As I say continually, when you buy one of Kirsty's kits, you need nothing more!!!

    ReplyDelete