Saturday, March 24, 2012

"love you" stitched card by lauren bergold

sometimes my biggest creative problem is knowing when my project is DONE and that i should stop crafting!!! :) luckily, the march pixie kit, MARY MARY QUITE CONTRARY, contains items like this my mind's eye "sunshine memories" paper that is already so close to perfect that even i recognize it!


i knew right away it would make a MAGNIFICENT card with very few additions; for that matter, it'd make a pretty fab layout, as well! i thought the little banner from the "funday" buttons would work well here, and i was pretty sure the little yellow alphabet from glitz's "random" sticker sheet would fit perfectly. the chipboard is self-adhesive, but i sewed along the top anyway, as an extra decoration.


since i had my needle threaded with black embroidery floss, i thought i'd add the rest of my sentiment in hand-stitching. i used a favorite font--susie's hand--to print the word "you" to size, laid it over my paper, and pierced holes for my needle. then i back-stitched along the entire word, ending with a french knot under my exclamation point. all that remained was to mat the panel, and add a tiny bit *more* texture by machine stitching around the fancy label shape, then finally around the perimeter of the card.


one of the easiest cards of 2012 is also one of my favorites so far! ♥

* Supplies *

Pixie March Kit 
"Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary"


Get yours HERE!!!

** Pixie March Challenge **

"Sketch by Kirsty"
Come play along with us
CLICK HERE to enter the challenge

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love Lauren cards! Especially those with her fabulous stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. would like to read your Challenge blog and participate in your assignments, but does not know English, please select a translator gadget and you will have more readers

    ReplyDelete