Thursday, October 14, 2010

Precious Layout by Jessy Christopher

Have you been using your scraps/leftovers lately? Scraps are really fun to use when you just wanna create or intend to create a simple looking layout. For this layout below, I used the "Fall In Love" Oct kit scraps I am left with. Nothing go to waste!


I punched the edges using one of the EK Success punch I have on the pink cardstock and layer it with the grey cardstock. I have also layered all the tiny scraps together to create a clustered-looking frame around the photo.


For the alpha, I first inked it with a pink ink. Once dried, I sprayed red mist on it to create a faux marble looking alpha. Finally I added some glossy accent. In this photo you can't really see the effect but it looks really interesting in real life.


Another great way to use the leftover trims is to layer it together with the scraps.


The "leaves" are from one of the Melissa Frances papers. An awesome idea to enhance the bright flowers and pretty seam binding, aight?

Happy Crafting!
Xoxo Jessy



A note by Kirsty -
What a clever idea to used that DP as leaves! Lovely layout!

Stay tuned for the Pixie Challenge coming up Oct 20th!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Who knew scraps could be so pretty? Love it, Jessy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love *EVERYTHING* about this...especially those cool leaves...and the fabbbbbbulous punched border all the way around the page! AWESOME! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. shout out for this piece..love the photo and the layouts

    ReplyDelete