Sunday, October 17, 2010

Journal Spot Mini Book by Lori Hairston




I love tea! The Maya Road kraft journal cards are so pretty and I thought they'd make a great mini book.
I went with a tea theme. I used bits of stickers I had left and the little bit of pink seam binding ribbon that I had saved.
I even used scraps of that gorgeous MF paper. I then filled it with my favorite sayings that have to do with tea. I think the first one by Eleanor Roosevelt is my very favorite!
The stamped teapots and cups are so cute. I think this would make a darling favor at a tea party.
What do you think?





And here's a bonus idea for the journal spots (especially the ones with that pretty black frame). How about Halloween tags for a treat bag? Just stamp and add ribbon.

Pretty easy, but frightfully cute!



Kirsty's note -
I love tea too, and this cute mini book is just adorable!
What a cute way to dress up those little treat bags with the journal spot, the glassine bag and Maya Road Journal Spot are both available at The Pixie Shop, grab yourself some and you can make wonderful halloween treat bag for every kids that come knocking at your door!
Or you could just grab the October Kit "Fall in Love" and you will have everything you need to make all the lovely projects our DT displayed on the Pixie Blog.


New Items at The Pixie Shop
- Glassine bag (small)
- Glassine bag (big)
- Manila Tags
- Baker's Twine



2 comments:

  1. I just love those kraft journalling cards and the tea theme is great. well i would say that being a brit!! The halloween project is fab too! Looking forward to your first challenge and thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss lori this is absolutely ♥BRILLIANT♥ i loOOooOoooOove it! totally clever to make a book from the MR journaling cards and WHAT A COOL BOOK it is! i think it'd be the best tea party favor (or bridal shower, or little girl's birthday party) EVER!!! ♥♥♥ (the treat bag idea is wonderful too!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete