Saturday, December 18, 2010

Guest Designer ~ Ros Crawford

Hey all, today at The Pixie Blog, we are showcasing 3 more projects from Ros Crawford, our very first Guest Designer here. Wait no more, let's welcome Ros!

Miss You
Hello.... today I have something a little nostalgic.... a family photo of 3 generations..... tucked away safely in a little house card made using the Dec kit here at Pixie Dust Paperie....


..... A mixture of the beautiful papers... rich red seam binding and the trim from the alphabet sheet.... even the heart is made from the CS and I added my own glitter....


.... Unite the ribbon and there is my photo surrounded in lots of goodies from the kit ... crochet flowers, paper flowers, ruby red flowers centre gems, leaves punched from the subtle green CS and butterflies too ... even the button is from the kit...


This house card was even cut from the CS supplied.... I just drew the shape I wanted....
A few more detailed pictures for you....



This kit is so full.... I hope that my little creation gives you some idea of all the papers and embellishments and how they all compliment each other... and how you can use all the edging and packaging too... all I added here was glitter.... used a few of my punches and of course my sewing machine.... Enjoy!


Sailor
Hi I'm so excited to be guest designing this month... I confess I was a tad worried... I hadn't seen the December kit... what would I make... would I be able to come up with the inspiration... But then the kit arrived and Whoa! I fell in love ... Of course I just wanted to stare at the papers and not cut into them... they are so beautiful.... and I love this red... with all it's glittery bits


I teamed it with pieces from two of the other papers.... the fabulous "Voyage" card and some of the embellishments that come with the kit... It made this layout of my (in my opinion) very handsome Dad... 'easy peasy'


I made a sort of tag to back my photograph on... all I added was the twine


The embellishments have been sprayed with glimmer mist (came with the kit)  and all I added was some distress ink...


Look at that gorgeous sparkly ticket! And the little envelope was made with part of the packaging!
I just stamped on it and added the butons from the kit...


These papers need very little adding to them as they have their own designs and words....
I cut the hearts and added one of the red gems (also part of the kit)......



I'm so pleased with this! Hope you like it too....


Pretty in Pink
This is my last project as Guest Designer here at Pixie Dust Paperie and I've had so much fun using this fabulous Dec kit... and even though I have made so many things.... I still have stuff left over!
Today I have a very simple LO to share... using he beautifully shaped scrapbook paper from the Lost and Found range.... and of course my great niece Sophia...


Now I am the first to admit that scrapbooking is not my forte.... and yes I could have added flowers and lace and this and that..... but seriously the papers and ribbon look so pretty I just want to leave it at that....


The butterflies and leaves are punched and the pale ones have been coated in the glimmer mist and then glittered.... I love how they curl with the glimmer mist.... the doily is part of the packaging.....


I hope you've enjoyed my creations and Thank you to Pixie Dust Paperie for having me...


Kirsty's note -
Thank you Ros, it is our honor to have you here at Pixie Dust Paperie!


Here's the December Kit Ros used to create these fabulous projects


Shop HERE!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. oooh OOOOOH OooOoOooooOOH! ♥♥♥

    miss ros has indeed been a completely WONDERFUL addition to our team, as these last three projects show so well! that little house is ♥FABULOUS♥ the framed baby photo is adorable...but yeah...very VERY handsome dad is totally stealing the show--what a goregous photo and the LO is just amazing!

    thanks so much for spending this month with us ros! come back ANY TIME!!!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already wrote it on Ros'blog. Her projects are stunning and I am a big fan of everythinG she makes. She used this kit perfect; you're having a great GD this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much for having me at PDP ... and your really sweet comments ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, we are so fortunately to have Ros this month at GD, her projects are truly beautiful, and I love all the beautiful photos, especially the handsome dad! Thanks Ros, for designing for Pixie! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ros - have so loved seeing your projects! They are all wonderful, but the one with your very handsome Dad is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete